(For more on this important distinction, see Bill Salas’ Psalm 83 War, http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Salus/e/B0067NSZMY)
Many have confused the events of the War of Gog and Magog with a preceding war described in Psalms, Ezekiel, Obadiah, Jeremiah, Isaiah, and Zephaniah. Keep in mind that it is God and God alone who destroys the Russian/Iranian coalition. However, in this war [the Psalm 83 War], it is the Israeli army who, blessed by God, destroys a different Arab coalition.
Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will stretch out my hand against Edom and kill its men and their animals. I will lay it waste, and from Teman to Dedan [Saudi Arabia] they will fall by the sword. I will take vengeance on Edom by the hand of my people Israel [Israeli Defense Force, IDF], and they will deal with Edom in accordance with my anger and my wrath; they will know my vengeance, declares the Sovereign LORD.
We must also look at the prerequisites for War of Gog and Magog:
1) Israel must be reestablished as a sovereign Jewish Nation.
2) Living securely “without walls” [Militarily secure].
3) Be living at peace in the Middle East.
4) One of, if not the richest nations on earth.
Israel as a modern nation was born in 1948. It encouraged Jews from all the world to come make Aliya to Israel and help build the nation. Today, she is the only sovereign democracy in the Middle East. Her existence fulfills the prerequisite of the reestablished Jewish nation.
Ezekiel 38:10-12 tells us that at the time of the advancing Russian-Iranian led coalition, Israel will be “a people, who dwell safely, all if them dwelling without walls.” Israel will be a nation at peace in the Middle East. The second and third requirements fulfilled.
Right now, Israel is sitting on oil and slate oil reserves technology can finally access. ZIon Oil is the company I believe will take Israel from its current financial status to a world superpower in the near future, thus fulfilling the fourth requirement.
Here are the two different coalitions.
Psalm 83 Coalition (Arab):
- Tents of Edom = [descendants of Esau] Palestinians* and Southern Jordanians Ishmaelites = Saudi Arabians
- Moab = Palestinian Refugees and Central Jordanians
- Hagrites = Egyptians
- Gebal = Northern Lebanese
- Ammon = Palestinian Refugees and Northern Jordanians
- Amalek = Arabs South of Israel
- Philista = Palestinian Refugees and Hamas of Gaza Strip
- Inhabitants of Tyre = Hezbollah and Southern Lebanese
- Assyria = Syrians and perhaps Northern Iraqis included
- Children of Lot = Moab and Ammon
- Magog, Rosh = Russia and the former Soviet republics
- Persia = Iran
- Cush = Sudan, Ethiopia, and Possibly Eritrea
- Put = Libya, Algeria, and Tunisa
- Gomer, Meshech, Tubal = Turkey (and possibly Germany and Austria)
- Beth-togarmah = Turkey, Armenia, and the Turkish-speaking people of Asia Minor & Central Asia
Taken together, these two coalitions make up the anti-God end times war machine. It will be the incredible losses on the Arab side that will trigger their cry for help to the Russian coalition. Thus, Gog & Magog cannot begin its assault unless and until the Psalm 83 Arab coalition is near defeat.
∞ ∞ ∞
A Note on Etymology and History
* “Palestinian” is the ethnic label tossed around loosely in modern times to identify three predominantly Arab groups of people: the Palestinians of the Gaza Strip, the Palestinians of the West Bank, and the Palestinian refugees. These groups inhabit the territories that most closely approach the borders of modern-day Israel. We generally understand that these groups are comprised of a mixture of peoples who descend from various Arab origins, the main one of these being traceable back to Esau, father of the Edomites. There is no actual place on earth described as the home of these people (they descend from the Arab nations) by the name of Palestine. “Palestine” was a derogatory slur used by the Romans to denigrate Israel. The British carried the anti-Semitism forward to the last century when they divided the area with arbitrary borders, all while professing their policy to help create a Jewish national homeland.
Alas, the genesis of the Balfour Declaration had little to do with Zionism and everything to do with World War I, British interests in the war, power politics — and anti-Semitism. Indeed, the declaration derived from classic European anti-Judaism and from the gentile English version of anti-Semitism.
To the British, this translated into Jewish support for their war effort, which could be bought by the promise of support of the establishment of a Jewish homeland in Palestine. This notion — a natural to FitzMaurice (Zionist) and his obsession with “Jewish power” — persuaded the Foreign Office to pledge British support to the Zionist enterprise.
Read more: http://forward.com/opinion/204458/the-dark-forces-behind-the-balfour-declaration-and-its-lasting-legacy/#ixzz4AfyPFrgj
In 1939, Great Britain reneged on the Balfour Declaration by issuing the White Paper, which stated that creating a Jewish state was no longer a British policy. It was also Great Britain’s change in policy toward Palestine, especially the White Paper, that prevented millions of European Jews to escape from Nazi-occupied Europe to Palestine before and during the Holocaust.
( http://history1900s.about.com/cs/holocaust/p/balfourdeclare.htm )